1.) Excel in Relationships
- Value people. Initiate friendships, be a genuine friend, parent, brother.
- Discipling only takes place in the context of relationships
2.) Abound in love
- Love covers a multitude of sins
- Love has many forms and languages – service, forgiveness, acceptance.
By these all men shall know ye are my disciples, if you love one another (John 13:35)
3.) Establish godly and healthy authority and accountability
- Slowly establish godly and healthly authority. Discipline takes place in the context of authority and submission.
- Hebrew 13:17 – submit to spiritual authority.
4.) Regular, consistent, and life-giving fellowship
- Intentional process
- Life-giving means refreshing, restorative, and building others up
- To be life-giving, be full of the Word and the Holy Spirit
5.) Life impartation and modeling
- Allow individual discipling to take place (group meetings alone are not enough)
- Allow your life group members to know you and read your life
- Model Christlike character