“This is good, and pleases God our Savior, who wills everyone to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.” (1 Timothy 2:3-4)
Nothing will make a difference for eternity than to reach ONE MORE FOR JESUS, a stirring message by Ps Leah Hope Saavedra-Badoy! Click here to watch
THE VALUE OF THE HUMAN SOUL
Knowing the value of the soul not only affects how we care for our own soul — it also motivates us to care for the souls of others.
- THE SOUL IS VALUABLE BECAUSE IT IS ETERNAL. IT IS FOREVER. (Matthew 10:28 “Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.”)
- THE DEVIL IS AFTER YOUR SOUL
Matthew 13:19 Jesus said, “When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart.”
- THE SOUL WAS BOUGHT AND REDEEMED AT THE COST OF THE LIFE OF THE SON OF GOD
1 Peter 1:18-19 “knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.” Romans 5:8 “God demonstrated His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
3 LOST AND FOUND PARABLES:
- The Lost Sheep (Luke 15:4-6; Isa 53:6; Luke 19:10)
- The Lost Coin (Luke 15:8-10)
- The Lost Son (Luke 15:22-24)
WHAT CAN WE LEARN FROM THE 3 PARABLES?
- Lost souls’ matter to God, He wants them found.
- God takes the initiative in seeking sinners.
- God goes to great effort to seek lost sinners.
- God pursues lost sinners until He finds them.
- There is a celebration when the lost becomes found.
- The soul that is saved is the soul that is given to Jesus Christ.
Today’s message is about going after one soul.
CHALLENGE: WHAT are you doing to save the lost?